Given an input string str, generate two output strings. One of which consists of those character which occurs only once in input string and second which consists of multi-time occurring characters. Output strings must be sorted.
Input : str = "geeksforgeeks" Output : String with characters occurring once: "for". String with characters occurring multiple times: "egks" Input : str = "geekspractice" Output : String with characters occurring once: "agikprst" String with characters occurring multiple times: "ce"
We have existing solution for this problem please refer Generate two output strings depending upon occurrence of character in input string link. We can solve this problem quickly in python using Counter(iterable) method. Approach is simple,
- Convert string into dictionary having characters as keys and their frequencies as value using counter() method.
- Now separate out list of characters having frequency 1 and having frequency more than 1.
- Sort characters in both lists to get output strings.
String with characters occurring once: for String with characters occurring multiple times: egks
- Generate two output strings depending upon occurrence of character in input string.
- Python | Split string on Kth Occurrence of Character
- Python program to find occurrence to each character in given string
- Program to count occurrence of a given character in a string
- Count occurrence of a given character in a string using Stream API in Java
- Minimize the length of string by removing occurrence of only one character
- Python | Replace multiple occurrence of character by single
- Generate all binary strings of length n with sub-string "01" appearing exactly twice
- Maximum occurring character in an input string | Set-2
- Return maximum occurring character in an input string
- Python | Get the string after occurrence of given substring
- Count of strings that can be formed from another string using each character at-most once
- Pairs of strings which on concatenating contains each character of "string"
- Python | Ways to find nth occurrence of substring in a string
- Python | Remove last character in list of strings
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.