Round trip time(RTT) is the length of time it takes for a signal to be sent plus the length of time it takes for an acknowledgement of that signal to be received. This time therefore consists of the propagation times between the two point of signal.
On the Internet, an end user can determine the RTT to and from an IP(Internet Protocol) address by pinging that address. The result depends on various factors :-
- The data rate transfer of the source’s internet connection.
- The nature of transmission medium.
- The physical distance between source and destination.
- The number of nodes between source and destination.
- The amount of traffic on the LAN(Local Area Network) to which end user is connected.
- The number of other requests being handled by intermediate nodes and the remote server.
- The speed with which intermediate node and the remote server function.
- The presence of Interference in the circuit.
Input : www.geeksforgeeks.org Output : Time in seconds : 0.212174892426 Input : www.cricbuzz.com Output : Time in seconds : 0.55425786972
Time in seconds :0.0579478740692
This article is contributed by Pramod Kumar. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- What is RTT(Round Trip Time)?
- Python program to find difference between current time and given time
- Python program to calculate age in year
- Program to calculate Electricity Bill
- Program to Calculate Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Python program to calculate Dooms Day for a year
- Python | How to time the program
- Python program to get Current Time
- Python - Measure time taken by program to execute
- Python | Program to generate one-time password (OTP)
- Python program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Time Functions in Python | Set 1 (time(), ctime(), sleep()...)
- round() function in Python
- Python | Pandas Series.round()
- Python - tensorflow.math.round()
- Python | Pandas Series.dt.round
- Python | Pandas DatetimeIndex.round()
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.round
- Python | Pandas Timestamp.round
- Python | Numpy matrix.round()