Given a dictionary and a character array, print all valid words that are possible using characters from the array.
Note: Repetitions of characters is not allowed.
Input : Dict = ["go","bat","me","eat","goal","boy", "run"] arr = ['e','o','b', 'a','m','g', 'l'] Output : go, me, goal.
This problem has existing solution please refer Print all valid words that are possible using Characters of Array link. We will this problem in python very quickly using Dictionary Data Structure. Approach is very simple :
- Traverse list of given strings one by one and convert them into dictionary using Counter(input) method of collections module.
- Check if all keys of any string lies within given set of characters that means this word is possible to create.
go me goal
Don’t stop now and take your learning to the next level. Learn all the important concepts of Data Structures and Algorithms with the help of the most trusted course: DSA Self Paced. Become industry ready at a student-friendly price.
- Python | Words extraction from set of characters using dictionary
- Python - Remove words containing list characters
- Python | Toggle characters in words having same case
- Python - Get number of characters, words, spaces and lines in a file
- Group words with same set of characters
- K length words that can be formed from given characters without repetition
- Print all valid words that are possible using Characters of Array
- Java program to swap first and last characters of words in a sentence
- Check if the given string of words can be formed from words present in the dictionary
- Count words that appear exactly two times in an array of words
- Python | Convert list of strings and characters to list of characters
- Python - Words with Particular Rear letter
- Python | Stemming words with NLTK
- Python | Words lengths in String
- Python | Extract words from given string
- Python - Replace multiple words with K
- Python | Number to Words using num2words
- Iterate over words of a String in Python
- Reverse words in a given String in Python
- Python - Remove Dictionary Key Words
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vijaymaddukuri