Given N and D, find if it is possible to make two sets from first N natural numbers such that the difference between the sum of 2 sets(individually) is D.
Input : 5 7 Output : yes Explanation: Keeping 1 and 3 in one set, and 2, 4 and 5 are in other set. Sum of set 1 = 4 Sum of set 2 = 11 So, the difference D = 7 Which is the required difference Input : 4 5 Output : no
Let s1 and s2 be the two sets.
Here we know that
sum(s1) + sum(s2) = N*(N+1)/2 and
sum(s1) – sum(s2) = D
Adding above 2 equations, we get
2*sum(s1) = N*(N+1)/2 + D
If sum(S1) and sum(S2) are integers, then only we can split the first N natural numbers into two sets. For that N*(N+1)/2 + D must be an even number.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Split N natural numbers into two sets having GCD of their sums greater than 1
- First N natural can be divided into two sets with given difference and co-prime sums
- Sum of square-sums of first n natural numbers
- Replace all elements by difference of sums of positive and negative numbers after that element
- Difference between Sum of Cubes and Sum of First N Natural Numbers
- Sum of series formed by difference between product and sum of N natural numbers
- Fill the missing numbers in the array of N natural numbers such that arr[i] not equal to i
- Minimum number of sets with numbers less than Y
- Difference between sums of odd and even digits
- Maximum and minimum sums from two numbers with digit replacements
- Minimum count of numbers required with unit digit X that sums up to N
- Maximum absolute difference of value and index sums
- Count of distinct sums that can be obtained by adding prime numbers from given arrays
- Partition into two subarrays of lengths k and (N - k) such that the difference of sums is maximum
- Natural Numbers
- LCM of First n Natural Numbers
- Sum of first n natural numbers
- Repeated sum of first N natural numbers
- Sum of fifth powers of the first n natural numbers
- Sum of first N natural numbers which are divisible by X or Y