Given n integers in a maze indicating number of moves to be made from that position and a string which has “>” and “<" indicating which side to move. Starting position is first position. Print whether it stays inside the array or moves out of the array. Example:
Input : 3 2 1 1 > > < Output: It stays inside forever Explanation: It moves towards right by a position of 2, hence is at the last index, then it moves to the left by 1, and then it again moves to the right by 1. Hence it doesn't go out. Input: 2 1 2 > < Output: comes out Explanation: Starts at 0th index, moves right by 1 position, and then moves left by 2 to come out
Approach to the above problem is as follows:
We start from 0th index and move until we exceed n or decreased 0. If we reach at the same position twice then we are in an infinite loop and can never move out.
* use mark array to mark the visited positions
* start from 0th index and check the sign of move and move to that place marking that position as visited
* if visited we can never move out , hence break out
* check the reason of break from loop , and print the desired result.
// below is the python implementation of the above approach
Time complexity: O(n)
This article is contributed by Twinkl Bajaj. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Possibility of a word from a given set of characters
- Number of K length subsequences with minimum sum
- Count of matchsticks required to represent the given number
- Probability that a random pair chosen from an array (a[i], a[j]) has the maximum sum
- Find the deleted value from the array when average of original elements is given
- Sort the numbers according to their product of digits
- Program to implement FLAMES game
- C Program to concatenate two strings without using strcat
- Minimum increment or decrement operations required to make the array sorted
- Count of elements on the left which are divisible by current element
- Find the minimum value of X for an expression
- Print characters in decreasing order of frequency
- Find missing elements from an Array
- Queries to find the count of integers in a range that contain the given pattern
Improved By : vt_m