Write an efficient program to count number of 1s in binary representation of an integer.
Input : n = 6 Output : 2 Binary representation of 6 is 110 and has 2 set bits Input : n = 13 Output : 3 Binary representation of 11 is 1101 and has 3 set bits
1. Simple Method Loop through all bits in an integer, check if a bit is set and if it is then increment the set bit count. See below program.
Recursive Approach :
Please refer complete article on Count set bits in an integer for more details!
- Program to remove empty array elements in PHP
- Program to Insert new item in array on any position in PHP
- PHP Program for Naive algorithm for Pattern Searching
- PHP Program for Rabin-Karp Algorithm for Pattern Searching
- PHP Program to print all permutations of a given string
- PHP Program for Median of two sorted arrays of same size
- PHP Program for Subset Sum Problem | DP-25
- PHP Program for Largest Sum Contiguous Subarray
- PHP Program for Minimum number of jumps to reach end
- PHP Program for Cutting a Rod | DP-13
- PHP Program for Longest Palindromic Subsequence | DP-12
- PHP Program for Egg Dropping Puzzle | DP-11
- PHP Program to Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times
- PHP Program to Count number of binary strings without consecutive 1's
- PHP Program for Count ways to reach the n\'th stair