In PHP break is used to immediately terminate the loop and the program control resumes at the next statement following the loop.
Method 1: Given an array the task is to run a loop and display all the values in array and terminate the loop when encounter 5.
Input : array1 = array( 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ) Output : 1 2 3 4 Loop Terminated The loop contains an if condition and when condition is true then loop will break otherwise display the array content. Input : array1 = array( '10', '2', '5', '20', '40' ) Output : 10 2 Loop Terminated
1 2 3 4 Loop Terminated
Method 2: Given nested loops, in PHP we can use break 2 to terminate two loops as well. Below program contains the nested loop and terminate it using break statement.
For example given two array arr1 and arr2, and the task is to display all the value of arr2 for every value of arr1 till the value of arr1 not equal to arr2. If the value in arr1 is equal to the value of arr2 then terminate both the loops using break 2 and execute the further statements.
Input : arr1 = array( 'A', 'B', 'C' ); arr2 = array( 'C', 'A', 'B', 'D' ); Output : A C Loop Terminated Input : arr1 = array( 10, 2, 5, 20, 40 ) arr2 = array( 1, 2 ) Output :10 1 2 2 1 Loop Terminated
A C Loop Terminated
- Golang Program that Removes Duplicates Using Nested Loops
- How to set a single line break in HTML5 ?
- What is the difference between “word-break: break-all” versus “word-wrap: break-word” in CSS ?
- ES6 | Loops
- PHP | Loops
- Loops in R (for, while, repeat)
- Understanding for loops in Java
- Break and Next statements in R
- CSS | word-break Property
- CSS | box decoration break Property
- Difference between break and continue in PHP
- CSS page-break-before Property
- CSS | page-break-after Property
- How to break _.each() function in Underscore.js ?
- How to break an outer loop with PHP ?
- How to break line without using <br> tag in HTML / CSS ?
- Difference between continue and break statements in C++
- break command in Linux with examples