Philips Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus for Software Engineer)
Philips Came For Campus in our Institute CV Shortlisting.
1) English :- 25 questions (25 min)
2) Computer Ability :- 25 questions (35 min)
3) Reasoning :- 16 questions (15 min)
4) Quantitative :- 14 questions (15 min)
18 Short-listed For Interview among 36:-
1. Tell me about yourself?
2 .He asked What are your Favourate Subjects?( I Said DS,OS,DBMS,STL In C++,PYTHON).
But started With Network Questions.
3. what are the layers in OSI models?
4. what are protocols?
5. In which layer we parse a string?
6. What is Ping?
7. Asked About all Layers.
8. Did u do online coding,tell me your handle?
9. Missing no. find out with decreasing order sorting?
Solved With STL and he asked optimise it so Removed 1 Loop and Told Him XOR method.(He Said :- Very Interesting)
10. What are Semaphores in Operating Systems?
11. Tell Me About What Types Of Algorithms U used In Online Coding?
I was Expecting More Coding Questions But he asked only 1.
12.Solve a puzzle:-
Final question It was.It Was Very Basic For me And Answered All Questions perfectly.Selected For Hr Round.
Third and final round (HR):-
1. Tell Me About Your Background?
2. Which Movie Did u see Recently?(I said Yesterday Transcendence And 2 Weeks Ago Intersteller).
3. Tell me the story?(I explained the story).
4. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
5. Why u Want to Join Philips?
6. He asked what times it takes from Your place to Your College?(I said 8-9 hours).
7. How MUCH Distance? (i said Around 500 km).
8. So How many Times U goes Home?(I said in flow that Yearly 3-4 Times).
9. He Was surprised And Said Means in 4 years U went home 15-16 Times? (I Didn’t Know that It was negative point for me and i Said “Around Yes”(But Really I didn’t go 15-16 times 🙁 ).
(Its reason for rejection and Second Time For me when I didn’t handle Hr question).
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.