Print all permutations of a string keeping the sequence but changing cases.
Input : ab Output : AB Ab ab aB Input : ABC Output : abc Abc aBc ABc abC AbC aBC ABC
Method 1 (Naive) : Naive approach would be to traverse the whole string and for every character, consider two cases, (1) change case and recur (2) Do not change case and recur.
Method 2 (Better) For a string of length n there exists 2n maximum combinations. We can represent this as a bitwise operation.
The same idea is discussed in Print all subsequences.
Below is the the implementation of above idea :
abc Abc aBc ABc abC AbC aBC ABC
Asked in : Facebook.
This article is contributed by Rohit Thapliyal. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Convert the string into palindrome string by changing only one character.
- String in Switch Case in Java
- Toggle case of a string using Bitwise Operators
- Convert characters of a string to opposite case
- Lower case to upper case - An interesting fact
- Case conversion (Lower to Upper and Vice Versa) of a string using BitWise operators in C/C++
- Make largest palindrome by changing at most K-digits
- Check if a number is power of k using base changing method
- Arrangement of words without changing the relative position of vowel and consonants
- Snake case of a given sentence
- gOOGLE cASE of a given sentence
- Camel case of a given sentence
- Remove consecutive alphabets which are in same case
- Python | Toggle characters in words having same case
- Minimum number of operations to move all uppercase characters before all lower case characters