Given a string str. Check if it is possible to convert the string into palindrome string by changing only one character.
Input : str = "abccaa" Output : Yes We can change the second last character i.e. 'a' to 'b' to make it palindrome string Input : str = "abbcca" Output : No We can not convert the string into palindrome string by changing only one character.
Approach : The idea is simple, we check character str[i] with str[n-i-1]. If there is a mismatch, we increment count. If count of mismatches exceed 1, we return false. Else we return true.
Below is the the implementation of above idea :
- Remove a character from a string to make it a palindrome
- Minimum cost to convert string into palindrome
- Convert character array to string in C++
- Check if frequency of character in one string is a factor or multiple of frequency of same character in other string
- Lexicographically smallest string formed by appending a character from the first K characters of a given string
- Find the character in first string that is present at minimum index in second string
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a string to another string
- Queries to find the last non-repeating character in the sub-string of a given string
- Queries to find the first non-repeating character in the sub-string of a string
- Permute a string by changing case
- Convert Hexadecimal value String to ASCII value String
- Replace every character of string by character whose ASCII value is K times more than it
- Find a string such that every character is lexicographically greater than its immediate next character
- Minimum cuts required to convert a palindromic string to a different palindromic string
- Make largest palindrome by changing at most K-digits
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.