Given a character, the task is to check whether the given character is in upper case, lower case or non-alphabetic character
Input: ch = 'A' Output: A is an UpperCase character Input: ch = 'a' Output: a is an LowerCase character Input: ch = '0' Output: 0 is not an aplhabetic character
Approach: The key to solve this problem lies in the ASCII value of a character. It is the most simple way to find out about a character. This problem is solved with the help of following detail:
- Capital letter Alphabets (A-Z) lie in the range 65-91 of the ASCII value
- Small letter Alphabets (a-z) lie in the range 97-122 of the ASCII value
- Any other ASCII value is a non-alphabetic character.
A is an UpperCase character a is an LowerCase character 0 is not an aplhabetic character
- Case conversion (Lower to Upper and Vice Versa) of a string using BitWise operators in C/C++
- C Program for Lower Case to Uppercase and vice-versa in a file
- Check input character is alphabet, digit or special character
- Replace every character of a string by a different character
- Check whether the Average Character of the String is present or not
- Python String Methods | Set 1 (find, rfind, startwith, endwith, islower, isupper, lower, upper, swapcase & title)
- String in Switch Case in Java
- Program for Stair Case Patterns
- Convert characters of a string to opposite case
- Menu-Driven program using Switch-case in C
- Program to print Lower triangular and Upper triangular matrix of an array
- Python 3 | Program to print double sided stair-case pattern
- Sum of upper triangle and lower triangle
- Program to check if matrix is upper triangular
- Replace a character c1 with c2 and c2 with c1 in a string S
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.