You are given a string ‘str’, the task is to check that reverses of all possible substrings of ‘str’ are present in ‘str’ or not.
Input : str = "ab" Output: "NO" // all substrings are "a","b","ab" but reverse // of "ab" is not present in str Input : str = "aba" Output: "YES" Input : str = "abab" Output: "NO" // All substrings are "a", "b", "a", "b", "ab", // "ba", "ab", "aba", "bab", "abab" but reverse of // "abab" is not present in str
A simple solution for this problem is to generate all possible substrings of ‘st’ and check if their reverse exist in the ‘str’ linearly.
An efficient solution for this problem is based on the fact that reverse of all substrings of ‘str’ will exist in ‘str’ if and only if the entire string ‘str’ is palindrome. We can justify this fact by considering the whole string, a reverse of it will exist only if it is palindrome. And if a string is palindrome, then all reverse of all substrings exist.
Below is implementation of above idea.
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra ( Gullu ). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Return maximum occurring character in an input string
- Print all the duplicates in the input string
- Remove characters from the first string which are present in the second string
- Remove duplicates from a given string
- Print reverse of a string using recursion
- Write a program to print all permutations of a given string
- Divide a string in N equal parts
- Given a string, find its first non-repeating character
- Write a program to reverse an array or string
- Reverse words in a given string
- Find the smallest window in a string containing all characters of another string
- Lexicographic rank of a string
- An in-place algorithm for String Transformation
- Count words in a given string
- String matching where one string contains wildcard characters