OYO Interview Experience – SDE 2
This was a written round. 2 questions were asked.
1. Sum of digits is given and count of digits is given, we need to return number of such numbers possible.
For e.g, if sum is 4 and count is 2, then numbers possible are: 13, 22, 31, 40
so output is 4
2. A BST is given and a number K is given. We need to return kth smallest element from BST.
Whoever solved 1 question was called for face to face interviews.
This was a face to face interview.
1. First discussion about written round questions. I had solved both questions so I was asked to provide optimizations for ist question.
I had coded iterative approach, so first I optimized it then I explained how question could be solved using recursion and DP.
2. A BST is given, in which 2 nodes are swapped. We need to return original BST. He wanted code for this. Normal recursive solution was accepted.
1. Discussion about previous projects.
2. What is database Indexing and how is it implemented?
3. How to threads communicate as in pass messages in a multi threaded environment?
1. What is mutex and semaphore?
2. What is database indexing?
1. Many behavioural questions like why Oyo, any conflict with manager, and conflict with peer etc
2. Discusiion on pro and cons of uber pool
The entire process lasted for almost 7 hrs. After last round HR said he will contact me after 2 days but he only gave out the results after 10 days.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.