Online Round : Oyo Coding visited our campus in the last week of August.
Round 1 was held on Hackerearth which comprised of around 25 MCQs and 2 coding questions. MCQs were from topics like Data Structures(mostly), Aptitude, Operating systems and DBMS.
The coding questions were
- Minimum no of ways to flip the brackets
- Given a triangle ABC and number of steps k, return the number of ways that we can arrive back at source point in k steps (1 step = traversing from one vertex to other vertex).
Example - for 2 steps, 2 possible ways (A-B-A and A-C-A). Similarly, for 3 steps, 2 possible ways(A-B-C-A and A-C-B-A).
After this 44 students were shortlisted for the PIs.
Round 2 : The interviewer was very friendly and patient, he primarily focused on Data Structures. He asked me three coding questions.
- First question was an implementation of Trie search and first match algorithm .He asked me to write the complete code.
- Second question was to write a complete working code to find the Intersection point of two linked lists.
- The third question was to print the all the nodes at kth depth in a generic tree, given the root of a generic tree.
I solved it using recursion (using depth as a variable), other method to solve is level order traversal.
Around 30 people were shortlisted for the third round.
Round 3 : Third round was based on Operating Systems and little of coding. The following questions were asked :
- What are scheduling algorithms and why are they used?
- What is virtual memory?
- Name and explain all the scheduling algorithms?
- What is context switch?
- Construct a binary search tree given its preorder and inorder traversal arrays. (Had to write the complete code)
- Given a source and destination in a 2D matrix, count all possible ways to reach destination from source.
Allowed steps are (x, y+1) and (x+1, y). (Complete code again)
After this round 19 people were selected. I was one of them 🙂
- TCS NQT Coding Questions & How Coding Task Evaluated in TCS NQT
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 12 (4+ experience Backend Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience for Software Engineer
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 2 (For Fresher)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 4 (For Backend Profile)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 5 (Off-Campus for SDE)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6 (For Senior Software Developer)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus for Software Developer)
- OYO Interview Experience | Set 7 (On-campus)
- OYO Interview Experience | Set 8 (On-campus for SDE)
- OYO Interview Experience | Set 9 (On-campus for SDE)
- OYO Interview Experience | Set 10 (On-campus for SDE)
- OYO Interview Experience | Set 11 (For 2 years experienced)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For SDE-II, Gurgaon)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience (On Campus) 2018
- OYO Interview Experience | Set 4 (For 5+ Experienced)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 5 (For SDE2)
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 6
- OYO Rooms Interview Experience | Set 7
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.