Given a pile of chocolates and an integer ‘k’ i.e. the number of iterations, the task is to find the number of chocolates left after k iterations.
Note: In every iteration, we can choose a pile with a maximum number of chocolates, after that square root of chocolate remains and rest is eaten.
Input: Chocolates = 100000000, Iterations = 3 Output: 10 Input: Chocolates = 200, Iterations = 2 Output: 4
Note: Output is printed after rounding off the value as in the 2nd example, the output will be around 3.76 approx.
It is given that maximum no. of chocolates are selected so consider total pile since it will be maximum.
Next, it is given that in the each iteration only square of chocolates are left so that by considering the mathematics equation of
(((number)n)n)...n for k times = (number)nk
Since here k times the square root is performed so the (1/2)k is powered with the N.
Consider the example of 100000000 chocolates and no. of iterations is 3 then it will be as
(((100000000)1/2)1/2)1/2 = (100000000)(1/2)3 = 10
Below is the required formula to find the remaining chocolates:
round(pow(n, (1.0/pow(2, k))))
Chocolates left after 3 iterations are 10
- Minimum and maximum number of N chocolates after distribution among K students
- Number of possible permutations when absolute difference between number of elements to the right and left are given
- Puzzle | Selling Chocolates
- Find the minimum number of rectangles left after inserting one into another
- Number formed by flipping all bits to the left of rightmost set bit
- Fill array with 1's using minimum iterations of filling neighbors
- Maximize the number of indices such that element is greater than element to its left
- CSS | left Property
- Kth diagonal from the top left of a given matrix
- CSS | border-left Property
- Left-Truncatable Prime
- CSS | padding-left Property
- CSS | margin-left Property
- How to remove CSS “top” and “left” attribute with jQuery ?
- CSS | border-left-style Property
- CSS | border-left-color Property
- CSS | border-top-left-radius Property
- CSS | border-left-width Property
- How to align flexbox columns left and right using CSS ?
- Remove all 1s from the adjacent left of 0s in a Binary Array