Given N Chocolates and K students, the task is to find how to divide the chocolates such that the difference between the minimum and maximum chocolate received by all students is minimized. Print the value of minimum and maximum chocolate distribution.
Input: N = 7, K = 3 Output: Min = 2, Max = 3 Distribution is 2 2 3 Input: N = 100, K = 10 Output: 10 10 Distribution is 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10
Approach: The difference will only be minimized when each student gets an equal number of candies that is N % k = 0 but if N % K != 0 then each student will 1st get (N-N%k)/k amount of candy then the rest N%k amount of candies can be distributed to N%K students by giving them each 1 candy. Thus there will be just 1 more candy than the (N-N%k)/k if N % K != 0 with a student.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Maximum students to pass after giving bonus to everybody and not exceeding 100 marks
- Number of chocolates left after k iterations
- Number of subarrays whose minimum and maximum are same
- Random number generator in arbitrary probability distribution fashion
- Minimum and Maximum element of an array which is divisible by a given number k
- Break a number such that sum of maximum divisors of all parts is minimum
- Minimum number of elements to be removed to make XOR maximum
- Minimum and Maximum number of pairs in m teams of n people
- Puzzle | Selling Chocolates
- Standard Normal Distribution (SND) - Java Program
- Maximum and Minimum Values of an Algebraic Expression
- Find the maximum possible value of the minimum value of modified array
- Product of all Subsequences of size K except the minimum and maximum Elements
- Maximum and minimum sums from two numbers with digit replacements
- Program to find the minimum (or maximum) element of an array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.