Nielsen Interview Experience for Internship + FTE | On-Campus 2021
Nielsen visited our college in July 2021 offering internship + FTE. The hiring process had one Coding Round, two Interview Rounds.
Round 1(Coding Round): Coding Round had 3 questions.
- First one was simple, based on strings.
- The second was from arrays, we had to turn an array into a distinct array using a minimum number of operations by incrementing or decrementing an element,basically Codeforces Div2 B/C level.
- This one was a sequence similar to Fibonacci and we had to print the nth sequence of the element, a pattern could be seen by printing around 20-30 elements.
Solving 2 fully would help you proceed to the next round, around 30 students were shortlisted for further rounds.
Round 2(Technical Interview): This round began with usual, “introduce yourself” and was divided into three parts.
- Questions from DBMS/OS/CN, I was asked how the Internet works, what is DNS, how would you optimize a problem, what is having higher priority space complexity or time complexity, SDLC, what projects you have done, etc.
- Live Coding: In these 2 questions were asked and we had to code on a screen share, quite simple compared to the coding test. I was asked to a) Reverse a string using Recursion and b) Implement any sorting algorithm: I wrote the code for MergeSort and was asked to optimise it.
- Puzzles, quickly glancing over GeeksForGeeks puzzles will definitely help you solve these. I was asked two puzzles, Using a 7-minute sand clock and a 4-minute sand clock, how would you measure 9 minutes, I couldn’t solve this and she gave hints, Second was how to divide a cake into 8 pieces using 3 Cuts, this was easy.
Round 2(Managerial +HR): This round consisted of behavioural questions like,
- Have you worked in a team before?
- How would you handle conflicts in team?
- What projects have you done?
- What complexities you faced in projects?
- How is your final year project coming along and questions along these lines.
The next day results were declared and 4 including me were shortlisted.
- For Coding Round practice a lot of problems on Arrays and Strings from GeeksForGeeks.
- Know everything in your resume.
- Read last-minute notes of DBMS,OS,CN etc from GeeksForGeeks.
- Glance over the puzzles section.
- Be confident and honest in Managerial round.
Thank you and all the best 🙂
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.