Newfold Digital Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Newfold Digital visited our college for FTE+intern role. The job profiles offered were:
- Operations Engineer
- Database Administrator
Particular profile was offered on the basis of your performance in the interview rounds.
ROUND 1(MCQ Test): 60 questions covering core CS subjects like OS, DBMS, OOPS, CN to be finished in 60min. +3 for each correct answer and -1 for incorrect answer
ROUND 2(Coding Test): 3 easy-medium level coding questions to be finished in 1 hr.
- One was related to printing each distinct character with its frequency in a given string.
- Others I don’t remember but they were of medium difficulty. Solving two questions completely was enough for getting shortlisted for the interview rounds.
ROUND 3(FUNCTIONAL INTERVIEW 1): This round was totally theoretical and lasted for around 1 hr.
- Questions were asked on OS, DBMS, Linux, CN, OOPS.
- He asked me to rate myself in different subjects and asked questions accordingly, focusing more on subjects I had rated more.
- But still, a strong theoretical knowledge is very essential to get past this round.
ROUND 4(FUNCTIONAL INTERVIEW 2): This round was again theoretical but focused more on DBMS, OS.
- This round went on for about 1hour 30 min.
- After about 1 hr one more panelist joined the call and asked questions mostly related to the real-life implementation of different computer science concepts.
HR ROUND(Telephonic): This round was more like a formality. And if you are through to the HR round, it’s almost certain you will get the offer. Standard HR questions were asked.
The next day, results came and I was offered the Database administrator role at Newfold digital.
- Focus more on core CS concepts. Because that is a must for getting past the functional interview rounds.
- Be confident, and explain your answers in your own words. Don’t go only by the bookish definition.
- Have knowledge about the real life implementations of different data structures and algorithms.