Given two integers n and m, in a single operation n can be multiplied by either 2 or 3. The task is to convert n to m with minimum number of given operation. If it is impossible to convert n to m with the given operation then print -1.
Input: n = 120, m = 51840
120 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 2 * 3 * 3 * 3 = 51840
Input: n = 42, m = 42
No operation required.
Input: n = 48, m = 72
Approach: If m is not divisible by n then print -1 as n cannot be converted to m with the given operation. Else we can check if on dividing, the quotient has only 2 and 3 as prime factors. If yes then the result will be the sum of powers of 2 and 3 else print -1
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Minimum number operations required to convert n to m | Set-2
- Minimum number of given operations required to convert a permutation into an identity permutation
- Minimum operations required to convert X to Y by multiplying X with the given co-primes
- Number of steps required to convert a binary number to one
- Minimum number of given powers of 2 required to represent a number
- Minimum number of changes required to make the given array an AP
- Minimum number of palindromes required to express N as a sum | Set 1
- Minimum number of palindromes required to express N as a sum | Set 2
- Minimum number of operations required to reduce N to 1
- Minimum number of bottles required to fill K glasses
- Minimum number of integers required to fill the NxM grid
- Minimum number of operations required to sum to binary string S
- Minimum number of mails required to distribute all the questions
- Minimum number of swaps required to sort an array | Set 2
- Minimum number of given moves required to make N divisible by 25
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.