Microsoft Interview Experience for Azure Team Hyderabad
Interview was for Azure team IDC Hyderabad. Total 9 candidates came.
Sorted Linked List given like above where each node has 2 pointers left and down. For each row starting nodes down points to next row start. Each row has 4 elements, except last one which can have <= 4 elements. Next rows start element is greater than previous rows end element. We need to design and code for it insert of new value at correct place and delete operation. 8 went for next round.
- What is memory hierarchy?
- Difference in virtual ans physical memory?
- How cache works?
- What are different algorithms to insert value in cache if value is not found?
- Threads accessing same variable at same time. How on processor level they are assigned value?
- Implement LRU algorithm for cache. I did in O(cache_size). Was expecting more optimal approach.
- Write from scratch hash function. Even if key is integer, string, etc. Handle in O(1) time. And mapping to value also with as less memory as possible.
- Implement Billing design in cloud. Any 3rd party can use it and implement there billing system.
- Write Singleton class implementation.
- Stock-Time problem. Given stocks according to time. We need to tell when we can buy stock. So we never get loss and write all test case for it.
- Implement Post Order Traversal.
- Why Microsoft? 4 were selected for Managerial round.
- When we click + button in chrome and new tab opens what all happens.
- Implement memcopy from scratch in c when source, destination pointer given. Where as size from source also given. I used for loop and de-reference copy. Forgot to implement corner case if destination pointer within source block which we are copying. Got Rejected.