Interview was for Azure team IDC Hyderabad. Total 9 candidates came.
Sorted Linked List given like above where each node has 2 pointers left and down. For each row starting nodes down points to next row start. Each row has 4 elements, except last one which can have <= 4 elements. Next rows start element is greater than previous rows end element. We need to design and code for it insert of new value at correct place and delete operation. 8 went for next round.
- What is memory hierarchy?
- Difference in virtual ans physical memory?
- How cache works?
- What are different algorithms to insert value in cache if value is not found?
- Threads accessing same variable at same time. How on processor level they are assigned value?
- Implement LRU algorithm for cache. I did in O(cache_size). Was expecting more optimal approach.
- Write from scratch hash function. Even if key is integer, string, etc. Handle in O(1) time. And mapping to value also with as less memory as possible.
- Implement Billing design in cloud. Any 3rd party can use it and implement there billing system.
- Write Singleton class implementation.
- Stock-Time problem. Given stocks according to time. We need to tell when we can buy stock. So we never get loss and write all test case for it.
- Implement Post Order Traversal.
- Why Microsoft? 4 were selected for Managerial round.
- When we click + button in chrome and new tab opens what all happens.
- Implement memcopy from scratch in c when source, destination pointer given. Where as size from source also given. I used for loop and de-reference copy. Forgot to implement corner case if destination pointer within source block which we are copying. Got Rejected.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon and Microsoft Test Serieses.