Interview was for Azure team IDC Hyderabad. Total 9 candidates came.
Sorted Linked List given like above where each node has 2 pointers left and down. For each row starting nodes down points to next row start. Each row has 4 elements, except last one which can have <= 4 elements. Next rows start element is greater than previous rows end element. We need to design and code for it insert of new value at correct place and delete operation. 8 went for next round.
- What is memory hierarchy?
- Difference in virtual ans physical memory?
- How cache works?
- What are different algorithms to insert value in cache if value is not found?
- Threads accessing same variable at same time. How on processor level they are assigned value?
- Implement LRU algorithm for cache. I did in O(cache_size). Was expecting more optimal approach.
- Write from scratch hash function. Even if key is integer, string, etc. Handle in O(1) time. And mapping to value also with as less memory as possible.
- Implement Billing design in cloud. Any 3rd party can use it and implement there billing system.
- Write Singleton class implementation.
- Stock-Time problem. Given stocks according to time. We need to tell when we can buy stock. So we never get loss and write all test case for it.
- Implement Post Order Traversal.
- Why Microsoft? 4 were selected for Managerial round.
- When we click + button in chrome and new tab opens what all happens.
- Implement memcopy from scratch in c when source, destination pointer given. Where as size from source also given. I used for loop and de-reference copy. Forgot to implement corner case if destination pointer within source block which we are copying. Got Rejected.
- Microsoft Interview Experience for Hyderabad Office Team(2 years Experienced)
- Google Interview Experience | Set 1 (for Technical Operations Specialist [Tools Team] Adwords, Hyderabad, India)
- Interview with Microsoft (office 365 Hyderabad team) at their Bengaluru office.
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 74 (For Software Engineer in IT Team)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 132 (Software Engineer for Bing Team)
- Microsoft Interview Experience For Data Platform Team (4+ Year Exp.)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 90 (Software Engineer role in Bing Team)
- PhD Intern for MS Azure network team
- Microsoft Interview Experience 2019 | Off-Campus Software Engineering Internship (Hyderabad)
- Interview with Microsoft O365 team- Bangalore
- Microsoft IDC Bangalore Interview | Set 153 (O365 Team)
- Amazon Interview Experience | Set 152 (Kindle Team SDE-1 )
- Microsoft Internship Experience | Off-Campus Internship (Hyderabad)
- Interview Experience with Sandisk for SD Card team (C Programming)
- Nutanix CTO Team Interview Experience for 3yrs Experienced
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.