The first round was an online Coding/Programming test conducted on mettl.com/. Many students across the country participated in this round. There were 3 questions of varying difficulty levels. Candidates who solved 3 problems or 2 problems with 3rd one partially solved were directly called for the onsite Interview. Few Questions were based on simple array manipulation and String manipulation and other on Dynamic Programming.
My interview was scheduled on 23rd February at Chandigarh University. People from different parts of the Country were called for the interview. The Second round was completely based on Data Structures and Algorithms. It was a pen paper-based coding test. We were given 2 questions on linked lists and Arrays, Questions were
1. Find the Maximum Sum of a linked list of length k
Eg. i/p: 1->2->3->4->5->6 k=5
2.Rotate an array by k positions inplace
Eg. i/p [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] k=2
o/p [4, 5, 1, 2, 3]
Candidates were asked to give an efficient solution to these problems. For both the problems, The Expected time complexity was O(n) and constant space complexity. I solved the 1st problem efficiently with linear time complexity and the 2nd problem with time complexity of O(n^2). Out of the 45 candidates who sat for this round 6 were selected for the next round. Fortunately, I was one of them
This was an interview round which was totally based on Data Structure and Algorithms. The interviewer gave me 3 questions and I was asked to provide an efficient solution to these problems. Some of the questions were:
1.Level Order traversal of a Binary Tree
2.Rotate a matrix by 90 degree
3. Merge k sorted linked lists of length k
The interviewer was very friendly, he was trying to give me hints for the problem where I was stuck. I was stuck in the matrix question, he gave me a few hints and I was able to solve the problem successfully and efficiently. I was able to provide efficient solutions for all the 3 questions as per the expectation of Interviewer. Out of the 6 candidates who were selected for this interview only 2 were selected for the next round. Luckily, I was one of them
This also was an interview round which was totally based on Data Structures and Algorithms and your problem-solving skills. This was quite an advanced round as compared to the 3rd round. The interviewer gave me 2 questions and I was asked to provide an efficient solution for the problems. Some of the questions were:
1. Find the majority element in an array
2. Given a linked list of digits, you need to add a digit to the linked list
Eg. i/p 9->9->9 digit=1
Expected Time and Space Complexity for the 1st problem was O(n) and O(1) respectively.
The 2nd problem looks trivial and easy, but the constraints to be satisfied while solving the problem were quit interesting. Constraints were:
1. You need to solve the problem without reversing the LinkedList
2. You need to solve the problem without using stack and without using recursion.
3. You need to solve the problem with constant space complexity and time complexity of O(n).
I was able to solve the 1st question but was unable to come up with a solution for a 2nd problem that should satisfy the given Constraints. So, I was not selected for the internship.
As it was an internship Interview I was not asked questions on System Design. But be prepared for System Design questions When applying for a SDE role in Microsoft.
Tips:- Know yourself before any interview.
Be calm & answer politely.
All thanks to GeeksForGeeks
- Microsoft Interview Experience (For Summer 2019 Internship)
- Microsoft Interview Experience 2019 | Off-Campus Internship For IDC
- Microsoft Interview Experience 2019 (TECH - SET GO ) | Off-Campus Internship
- Microsoft Interview Experience 2019 | Off-Campus Software Engineering Internship
- Microsoft Interview Experience 2019 | Off-Campus Software Engineering Internship (Hyderabad)
- CISCO Interview Experience | Summer Internship (Feb 2019)
- BlackRock Interview Experience | On-Campus Internship 2019
- DE Shaw On-Campus Internship Interview Experience 2019
- SAP Labs Internship Interview Experience | August 2019 (On-Campus)
- D. E. Shaw interview experience for internship (On Campus 2018-2019)
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 63 (For Internship)
- Microsoft IDC Interview Experience | Set 80 (For Internship)
- Microsoft Internship Interview Experience
- Microsoft Interview Experience | Set 130 (Internship)
- Microsoft Interview experience | Set 94 (Internship)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.