Given a string and a number k, find the k-th non-repeating character in the string. Consider a large input string with lacs of characters and a small character set. How to find the character by only doing only one traversal of input string?
Input : str = geeksforgeeks, k = 3 Output : r First non-repeating character is f, second is o and third is r. Input : str = geeksforgeeks, k = 2 Output : o Input : str = geeksforgeeks, k = 4 Output : Less than k non-repeating characters in input.
This article is contributed by Shashank Mishra (Gullu). If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Python | Check order of character in string using OrderedDict( )
- Python List Comprehension | Segregate 0's and 1's in an array list
- Python - Map vs List comprehension
- Python List Comprehension and Slicing
- Python | List comprehension vs * operator
- Count set bits using Python List comprehension
- OrderedDict in Python
- Python List Comprehension | Three way partitioning of an array around a given range
- Move all zeroes to end of array using List Comprehension in Python
- List comprehension and ord() in Python to remove all characters other than alphabets
- Python List Comprehension to find pair with given sum from two arrays
- Python - Insertion at the beginning in OrderedDict
- Python List Comprehension | Sort even-placed elements in increasing and odd-placed in decreasing order
- Python | Convert string List to Nested Character List
- Python | Group List on K character