Keras and PyTorch are two of the most powerful open-source machine learning libraries.
Keras is a python based open-source library used in deep learning (for neural networks).It can run on top of TensorFlow, Microsoft CNTK or Theano. It is very simple to understand and use, and suitable for fast experimentation. Keras models can be run both on CPU as well as GPU.
PyTorch is an open-source machine learning library which was developed by Facebook’s AI Research Group. It can be integrated with Python and C++. It is popular because of its efficient memory usage and the ability to debug neural networks easily.
Let’s see the differences between Keras and PyTorch.
|1.||Keras was released in March 2015.||While PyTorch was released in October 2016.|
|2.||Keras has a high level API.||While PyTorch has a low level API.|
|3.||Keras is comparatively slower in speed.||While PyTorch has a higher speed than Keras, suitable for high performance.|
|4.||Keras has a simple architecture,making it more readable and easy to use.||While PyTorch has very low readablility due to a complex architecture.|
|5.||Keras has a smaller community support.||While PyTorch has a stronger community support.|
|6.||Keras is mostly used for small datasets due to its slow speed.||While PyTorch is preferred for large datasets and high performance.|
|7.||Debugging in Keras is difficult due to presence of computational junk.||While debugging in PyTorch is easier and faster.|
|8.||Keras provides static computation graphs.||While PyTorch provides dynamic computation graphs.|
|9.||Backend for Keras include:TensorFlow, Theano and Microsoft CNTK backend.||While PyTorch has no backend implementation.|
- keras.fit() and keras.fit_generator()
- Colorization Autoencoders using Keras
- Keras.Conv2D Class
- ML | Word Encryption using Keras
- Softmax Regression Using Keras
- Building an Auto-Encoder using Keras
- ML - Swish Function by Google in Keras
- Python | Image Classification using keras
- ML - Saving a Deep Learning model in Keras
- Building a Generative Adversarial Network using Keras
- Creating a Keras Callback to send notifications on WhatsApp
- OpenCV and Keras | Traffic Sign Classification for Self-Driving Car
- Choose optimal number of epochs to train a neural network in Keras
- Python - PyTorch exp() method
- Python - PyTorch add() method
- Python - PyTorch abs() method
- Python PyTorch from_numpy()
- Python | PyTorch cos() method
- Python | PyTorch tan() method
- Python Pytorch ones() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.