The event.data property is used to contain the optional data which is passed to an event method. The data passed when the currently executing handler is bound.
- event: It is the parameter which is used to specify the name of the event type on the selector.
Return Value: This method returns an Object.
Example: Below example illustrates the event.data method in jQuery:
After Clicking 1st alert box:
After Clicking 2nd alert box:
After Clicking 3rd alert box:
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.interval Property with example
- jQuery | jQuery.support Property
- jQuery | jquery Property
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.off Property
- jQuery | context Property
- jQuery | length property
- jQuery | event.currentTarget Property
- jQuery | event.which property with Examples
- Get the numeric part of CSS property using jQuery
- jQuery | event.namespace Property
- jQuery | event.target Property with Example
- jQuery | event.timeStamp property with Example
- jQuery | event.relatedTarget Property with Example
- jQuery | event.delegateTarget Property
- JQuery | Setting background-image using CSS property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.