The event.namespace property in jQuery is used to return the custom namespace whenever the event is triggered. It is used to handle tasks differently depending on the namespace used.
Parameters: This property contains single parameter event which is required. It returns the custom namespace and it comes from the event binding function.
Example 1: This example uses event.namespace property to return and remove namespace.
Before Click on element h3:
After Click on element h3:
Example 2: This example uses click.mySomething namespace to slideToggle the content.
Before Click on the first statement:
After Click on the first statement:
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.interval Property with example
- jQuery | jQuery.support Property
- jQuery | jQuery.fx.off Property
- jQuery | jquery Property
- jQuery | context Property
- jQuery | length property
- jQuery | event.target Property with Example
- jQuery | event.data Property
- jQuery | event.timeStamp property with Example
- jQuery | event.currentTarget Property
- jQuery | event.delegateTarget Property
- jQuery | event.relatedTarget Property with Example
- jQuery | event.which property with Examples
- Get the numeric part of CSS property using jQuery
- jQuery | event.result Property with Examples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.