Given a number n, the task is to find the odd factor sum.
Input : n = 30 Output : 24 Odd dividers sum 1 + 3 + 5 + 15 = 24 Input : 18 Output : 13 Odd dividers sum 1 + 3 + 9 = 13
Let p1, p2, … pk be prime factors of n. Let a1, a2, .. ak be highest powers of p1, p2, .. pk respectively that divide n, i.e., we can write n as n = (p1a1)*(p2a2)* … (pkak).
Sum of divisors = (1 + p1 + p12 ... p1a1) * (1 + p2 + p22 ... p2a2) * ............................................. (1 + pk + pk2 ... pkak)
To find sum of odd factors, we simply need to ignore even factors and their powers. For example, consider n = 18. It can be written as 2132 and sun of all factors is (1)*(1 + 2)*(1 + 3 + 32). Sum of odd factors (1)*(1+3+32) = 13.
To remove all even factors, we repeatedly divide n while it is divisible by 2. After this step, we only get odd factors. Note that 2 is the only even prime.
Please refer complete article on Find sum of odd factors of a number for more details!
- Java Program for Selection Sort
- Java Program for Bubble Sort
- Java Program for Insertion Sort
- Java Program for Heap Sort
- Java Program for Radix Sort
- Java Program for n-th Fibonacci numbers
- Java Program for Counting Sort
- Java Program for ShellSort
- Java Program for Longest Common Subsequence
- Java Program for Binary Search (Recursive and Iterative)
- Java Program 0-1 Knapsack Problem
- Java Program for Min Cost Path
- Java Program for Longest Increasing Subsequence
- Java Program for GCD of more than two (or array) numbers
- Java Program for Common Divisors of Two Numbers