Given a number n, the task is to find the odd factor sum.
Input : n = 30 Output : 24 Odd dividers sum 1 + 3 + 5 + 15 = 24 Input : 18 Output : 13 Odd dividers sum 1 + 3 + 9 = 13
Prerequisite : Sum of all the factors of a number
As discussed in above mentioned previous post, sum of factors of a number is
Let p1, p2, … pk be prime factors of n. Let a1, a2, .. ak be highest powers of p1, p2, .. pk respectively that divide n, i.e., we can write n as n = (p1a1)*(p2a2)* … (pkak).
Sum of divisors = (1 + p1 + p12 ... p1a1) * (1 + p2 + p22 ... p2a2) * ............................................. (1 + pk + pk2 ... pkak)
To find sum of odd factors, we simply need to ignore even factors and their powers. For example, consider n = 18. It can be written as 2132 and sun of all factors is (1)*(1 + 2)*(1 + 3 + 32). Sum of odd factors (1)*(1+3+32) = 13.
To remove all even factors, we repeatedly divide n while it is divisible by 2. After this step, we only get odd factors. Note that 2 is the only even prime.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Sum of all the factors of a number
- Find sum of even factors of a number
- Number of elements with odd factors in given range
- Check if count of divisors is even or odd
- Count the number of possible triangles
- Number of Permutations such that no Three Terms forms Increasing Subsequence
- Check if the first and last digit of the smallest number forms a prime
- Print all substring of a number without any conversion
- Complement of a number with any base b
- Check if Decimal representation of an Octal number is divisible by 7