Given a number n, the task is to find the even factor sum of a number.
Input : 30 Output : 48 Even dividers sum 2 + 6 + 10 + 30 = 48 Input : 18 Output : 26 Even dividers sum 2 + 6 + 18 = 26
Let p1, p2, … pk be prime factors of n. Let a1, a2, .. ak be highest powers of p1, p2, .. pk respectively that divide n, i.e., we can write n as n = (p1a1)*(p2a2)* … (pkak).
Sum of divisors = (1 + p1 + p12 ... p1a1) * (1 + p2 + p22 ... p2a2) * ........................... (1 + pk + pk2 ... pkak)
If number is odd, then there are no even factors, so we simply return 0.
If number is even, we use above formula. We only need to ignore 20. All other terms multiply to produce even factor sum. For example, consider n = 18. It can be written as 2132 and sun of all factors is (20 + 21)*(30 + 31 + 32). if we remove 20 then we get the
Sum of even factors (2)*(1+3+32) = 26.
To remove odd number in even factor, we ignore then 20 whaich is 1. After this step, we only get even factors. Note that 2 is the only even prime.
Please refer complete article on Find sum of even factors of a number for more details!
- LongStream.Builder build() in Java
- DoubleStream.Builder build() in Java
- Java 8 | Consumer Interface in Java with Examples
- MouseListener and MouseMotionListener in Java
- Java Program for Selection Sort
- Java Program for Bubble Sort
- Java Program for Insertion Sort
- Java Program for Heap Sort
- Java Program for Radix Sort
- Java Program for n-th Fibonacci numbers
- Java Program for Counting Sort
- Java Program for ShellSort
- Java Program for Longest Common Subsequence
- Java Program for Binary Search (Recursive and Iterative)
- Java Program 0-1 Knapsack Problem