Given a number n, the task is to find the even factor sum of a number.
Input : 30 Output : 48 Even dividers sum 2 + 6 + 10 + 30 = 48 Input : 18 Output : 26 Even dividers sum 2 + 6 + 18 = 26
Let p1, p2, … pk be prime factors of n. Let a1, a2, .. ak be highest powers of p1, p2, .. pk respectively that divide n, i.e., we can write n as n = (p1a1)*(p2a2)* … (pkak).
Sum of divisors = (1 + p1 + p12 ... p1a1) * (1 + p2 + p22 ... p2a2) * ........................... (1 + pk + pk2 ... pkak)
If number is odd, then there are no even factors, so we simply return 0.
If number is even, we use above formula. We only need to ignore 20. All other terms multiply to produce even factor sum. For example, consider n = 18. It can be written as 2132 and sun of all factors is (20 + 21)*(30 + 31 + 32). if we remove 20 then we get the
Sum of even factors (2)*(1+3+32) = 26.
To remove odd number in even factor, we ignore then 20 whaich is 1. After this step, we only get even factors. Note that 2 is the only even prime.
Please refer complete article on Find sum of even factors of a number for more details!
- Java Program to Find minimum sum of factors of number
- Program for Find sum of odd factors of a number
- Java Program to find Product of unique prime factors of a number
- Java Program for Number of elements with odd factors in given range
- Java Program for efficiently print all prime factors of a given number
- Java Program to Find the Sum of First N Odd & Even Numbers
- Java Program to Find the Frequency of Odd & Even Numbers in the Matrix
- Java Program for Odd-Even Sort / Brick Sort
- Java Program to Check if count of divisors is even or odd
- Java Program for Difference between sums of odd and even digits
- Java program to print Even length words in a String
- Java Program to Check if a Given Integer is Odd or Even
- Java Program to Store Even & Odd Elements of an Array into Separate Arrays
- Java Program to Reverse a Number and find the Sum of its Digits Using do-while Loop
- Java Program to Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times
- Java Program for Program to find area of a circle
- Java Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +.......+ n/n!
- Java Program to find sum of array
- Java Program to Find sum of Series with n-th term as n^2 - (n-1)^2
- Java Program for Sum the digits of a given number