Given a string str and the task is to count palindrome words present in the string str.
Input : Madam Arora teaches malayalam Output : 3 The string contains three palindrome words (i.e., Madam, Arora, malayalam) so the count is three. Input : Nitin speaks malayalam Output : 2 The string contains two palindrome words (i.e., Nitin, malayalam) so the count is two.
countPalin() function counts the number of palindrome words by extracting every word of the string and passing it to checkPalin() function. An extra space is added in the original string to extract last word.
checkPalin() function check the word palindrome. It returns 1 if word is palindrome else returns 0. It makes sure that empty strings are not counted as palindrome as the user may enter more than one spaces in between or at the beginning of the string.
- Sentence Palindrome (Palindrome after removing spaces, dots, .. etc)
- Split a sentence into words in C++
- Remove all the palindromic words from the given sentence
- Java program to swap first and last characters of words in a sentence
- Print longest palindrome word in a sentence
- Count words that appear exactly two times in an array of words
- Palindrome pair in an array of words (or strings)
- Count all palindrome which is square of a palindrome
- Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence
- Count words in a given string
- Count words present in a string
- Count of words that are present in all the given sentences
- Count of words ending at the given suffix in Java
- Count the number of words having sum of ASCII values less than and greater than k
- Count All Palindrome Sub-Strings in a String | Set 2
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.