Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence
Write a Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence?
Input : geeks for geeks
Approach:Here we have to find out number of words in a sentence and the corresponding character count of each word.
- Here first we create an equivalent char array of given String.
- Now we iterate the char array using for loop. Inside for loop we declare a String with empty implementation.
- Whenever we found an alphabet we will perform concatenation of that alphabet with the String variable and increment the value of i.
- Now when i reaches to a space it will come out from the while loop and now String variable has the word which is previous of space.
- Now we will print the String variable with the length of the String.
geeks->5 for->3 geeks->5
Time Complexity: O(|S|).
Auxiliary Space: O(|S|), where |S| is the length of the input string.