Write a Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence?
Input : geeks for geeks Output : geeks->5 for->3 geeks->5
Approach:Here we have to find out number of words in a sentence and the corresponding character count of each word.
- Here first we create an equivalent char array of given String.
- Now we iterate the char array using for loop. Inside for loop we declare a String with empty implementation.
- Whenever we found an alphabet we will perform concatination of that alphabet with the String variable and increment the value of i.
- Now when i reaches to a space it will come out from the while loop and now String variable has the word which is previous of space.
- Now we will print the String variable with the length of the String.
geeks->5 for->3 geeks->5
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Find the word from a given sentence having given word as prefix
- Sums of ASCII values of each word in a sentence
- Print each word in a sentence with their corresponding average of ASCII values
- Program for length of the longest word in a sentence
- Program to replace a word with asterisks in a sentence
- C program to Replace a word in a text by another given word
- C program to find and replace a word in a File by another given word
- Frequency of smallest character in first sentence less than that of second sentence
- Find the word with most anagrams in a given sentence
- Java program to swap first and last characters of words in a sentence
- Check if characters of each word can be rearranged to form an Arithmetic Progression (AP)
- Print longest palindrome word in a sentence
- Check if a word is present in a sentence
- Find the count of sub-strings whose characters can be rearranged to form the given word
- Longest Common Prefix using Word by Word Matching
- Extracting each word from a String using Regex in Java
- Get the first letter of each word in a string using regex in Java
- Calculate the frequency of each word in the given string
- Print list items containing all characters of a given word
- Find largest word in dictionary by deleting some characters of given string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.