For the given sentence as input, censor a specific word with asterisks ‘
Input : word = “computer”
text = “GeeksforGeeks is a computer science portal for geeks. People who love computer and computer codes can contribute their valuables/ideas on computer codes/structures on here.”
Output : GeeksforGeeks is a ******** science portal for geeks. People who love ******** and ******** codes can contribute their valuables/ideas on ******** codes/structures on here.
The idea is to first split given sentence into different words. Then traverse the word list. For every word in the word list, check if it matches with given word. If yes, then replace the word with stars in the list. Finally merge the words of list and print.
GeeksforGeeks is a ******** science portal for geeks. I am pursuing my major in ******** science.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- C program to Replace a word in a text by another given word
- C program to find and replace a word in a File by another given word
- Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence
- Program for length of the longest word in a sentence
- Frequency of smallest character in first sentence less than that of second sentence
- Python program to read file word by word
- Sums of ASCII values of each word in a sentence
- Python | Reverse each word in a sentence
- Print longest palindrome word in a sentence
- Print each word in a sentence with their corresponding average of ASCII values
- Check if a word is present in a sentence
- Find the word with most anagrams in a given sentence
- Longest Common Prefix using Word by Word Matching
- Python | Replace rear word in String
- Python - Kth word replace in String
- How to replace a word in excel using Python?
- replace() in Python to replace a substring
- Python | Pandas Series.str.replace() to replace text in a series
- Java program to swap first and last characters of words in a sentence
- Python program to count words in a sentence
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.