We are given a sentence of english language(can also contain digits), we need to compute and print the sum of ASCII values of characters of each word in that sentence.
Input : GeeksforGeeks, a computer science portal for geeks Output : Sentence representation as sum of ASCII each character in a word: 1361 97 879 730 658 327 527 Total sum -> 4579 Here, [GeeksforGeeks, ] -> 1361, [a] -> 97, [computer] -> 879, [science] -> 730 [portal] -> 658, [for] -> 327, [geeks] -> 527 Input : I am a geek Output : Sum of ASCII values: 73 206 97 412 Total sum -> 788
- Iterate over the length of the string and keep converting the characters to their ASCII
- Keep adding up the values till the end of sentence.
- When we come across a space character, we store the sum calculated for that word and set the sum equal to zero again.
- Later, we print elements
Sum of ASCII values: 1317 97 879 730 658 327 495 Total sum -> 4503
The complexity of the approach is
- Print each word in a sentence with their corresponding average of ASCII values
- Print given sentence into its equivalent ASCII form
- Convert the ASCII value sentence to its equivalent string
- Program to replace a word with asterisks in a sentence
- Print longest palindrome word in a sentence
- Program for length of the longest word in a sentence
- Java program to count the characters in each word in a given sentence
- Convert a string to hexadecimal ASCII values
- Map function and Dictionary in Python to sum ASCII values
- Average of ASCII values of characters of a given string
- Check if a string contains only alphabets in Java using ASCII values
- Count characters in a string whose ASCII values are prime
- Count the number of words having sum of ASCII values less than and greater than k
- Minimize ASCII values sum after removing all occurrences of one character
- Find the sum of the ascii values of characters which are present at prime positions
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.