Cloud Computing is a new name for an old concept. The delivery of computing services from a remote location. Cloud Computing is Internet-based computing, where shared resources, software, and information are provided to computers and other devices on demand.
These are major issues in Cloud Computing:
The user data can be accessed by the host company with or without permission. The service provider may access the data that is on the cloud at any point in time. They could accidentally or deliberately alter or even delete information.
There are many regulations in places related data and hosting. To comply with regulations (Federal Information Security Management Act, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, etc.) user may have to adopt deployment modes that are expensive.
Cloud-based services involve third-party for storage and security.Can one assume that a cloud-based company will protect and secure one’s data if one is using their services at a very low or for free? They may share user’s information with others.Security presents a real threat to cloud.
This issue refers to minimizing the effect of cloud computing on environment. Citing the server’s effects on the environmental effects of cloud computing, in areas where climate favors natural cooling and renewable electricity is readily available, the countries with favorable conditions, such as Finland, Sweden, and Switzerland are trying to attract cloud computing data centers. But other than nature’s favors, would these countries have enough technical infrastructure to sustain the high-end clouds?
While providing cloud services, it should be ascertained that the client is not purchasing the services of cloud computing for nefarious purpose. In 2009, a banking Trojan illegally used the popular Amazon service as a command and control channel that issued software updates and malicious instruction to PCs that were infected by the malware.
So the hosting companies and the servers should have proper measures to address these issues.
- Difference Between Cloud Computing and Fog Computing
- CRM and ERP in Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing
- An Insight to Cloud Computing
- Economics of Cloud Computing
- What is Mobile Cloud Computing?
- Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- Evolution of Cloud Computing
- Anatomy of Cloud Computing
- Future of Cloud Computing
- Difference between Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Cloud Computing Platforms and Technologies
- Licenses and their management in Cloud Computing
- Energy Efficiency in Cloud Computing
- Cloud computing Research challenges
- How to Make a Career in Cloud Computing?
- Load balancing in Cloud Computing
- Interesting Facts About Cloud Computing
- Virtualization In Cloud Computing and Types
- Why Cloud Computing is Booming In The Market?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.