I was interviewed for windows developer.
Round 1 – telephonic
- About yourself
- Work done on windows platform
- What is mvvm
- What is data binding
- Difference between Observable collection and List
- Why and where do we use “using” statement
- Do you know socket programming? ( I said no )
- ListBox vs LongListSelector
Round 2 – f2f DS
- About yourself
- About projects n questions from projects.
- What are priority queues?
- How to implement priority queues data structure wise?
- Dynamic allocation of 1D and 2D arrays
- Find middle element of linked list
- Find nth element from last in a linked list
- Reversing a linked list
- Finding n/m element of a linked list
- 100 people in a circle with gun puzzle where 1st kills second and passes the gun.
Round 3 – simulation round
Building an app in 3 hours using Flickr api where the user can search for a tag and it returns photos with that tag. The feed needed to have infinite scrolling where more photos are loaded on reaching the end of the current set of photos.
Things that mattered-
- Background creation of images
- MVVM implementation
- Json parsing
Round 4 – f2f with Director of Engineering(DOE)
I was just asked a single question here, a puzzle, asked in form of a programming problem. I was asked to suggest solutions considering both, DS and the logical solution of the puzzle.
There’s a circular hotel lobby with doors that leads to different rooms. There light inside the room can be on/off. You need to check and turn off light in every room. Number of rooms is not known, you can travel in both directions.
Identifying the starting point holds the crux here as the lobby is circular and number of rooms is not known.
Round 5 – HR
- About yourself
- Why windows
- Why engineering
- How you got into app development
- And mostly behavioral questions and compensation discussion.
I would like to thanks geeksforgeeks that helped me immensely in my preparations for this interview.
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
- IgniteWorld (Bharti SoftBank Portal) Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- Bharti SoftBank (Hike) Interview Experience | Set 5 (Off-Campus for Portal Team)
- Bharti SoftBank (Hike) Interview Experience | Set 2
- Bharti SoftBank (Hike) Interview Experience | Set 6
- Bharti SoftBank (Hike) Interview Experience | Set 7 (For SDE)
- Bharti SoftBank (Hike) Interview Experience | Set 3 (For SDE 1)
- Bharti SoftBank (Hike) Interview Experience | Set 1
- Bharti SoftBank (Hike) Interview Experience | Set 4 (Off-Campus for SDE1)
- Bharti SoftBank (Hike) Interview Experience | Set 7 (For Automation Testing/Manual Testing)
- Goldman Sachs Interview Experience | Set 23 (2+ years Experience for Java Developer Role)
- Microsoft Interview Experience (Full Time 2018 Washington DC - with 2.5 years of experience)
- TIAA Interview Experience -Java Back Backend Developer (3+ years Experience)
- Samsung R&D Bangalore Interview Experience | Lateral hire (6 month experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience - Senior Software Engineer (3 years experience)
- Arcesium Interview Experience | Set 5 (3+ years experience - Developer profile)
- Arcesium Interview Experience Software Engineer (1+ year experience)
- Paytm Java Interview Experience( 2-4 year Experience during COVID19 )
- Nutanix Interview Experience for MTS - QA (4+ year experience) [ Language - Python ]
- Nagarro Interview Experience for Xamarin Developer | 3 Years Experience
- Oyo Rooms Interview Experience | Set 3 (For Backend Engineer, Experience <=1yrs)