Info Edge India Interview Experience for Software Engineer Role 2021 (Off-Campus)
Round 1: Online Test (24 Jan 2021)
15 Aptitude MCQs (20 Minutes): Medium difficulty.
20 Technical MCQs (20 Minutes): Easy to medium difficulty.
Round 2: Tech Interview 1 (3 Feb 2021)
- Project 1 discussion (Web Development based)
- Project 2 discussion (ML/DL based)
- Coding Ques: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.geeksforgeeks.org/happy-number/amp/
- Coding Ques: We toss a dice, and whichever number comes up, we move by that. Find the number of probability (or ways) to reach a distance of exactly x in exactly m dice spins.
Ex. Distance=10, spins=2, answer=3 ways ([4,6],[5,5],[6,4])
Note: After discussing the approach, both codes need to be written in any local IDE of your choice.
Round 3: Tech Interview 2 (18 Feb 2021)
Started with a friendly discussion for 30 minutes about interests, hobbies, school life, college life, company preference – Service based/Product based, already have an offer or not – just to make the candidate comfortable.
Main Interview starts with OS:
- What is thread?
- What is process?
- Should we divide a process into sub-threads or sub-processes, advantages/disadvantages of doing so?
- Two Scenarios: In one we have a program to do basic arithmetic operations and in the other, we have to call external services, how many threads would you run the two programs?
- What are page faults?
- Reasons for more page faults?
- Effect on page faults on OS and on which part of OS (Ans is Kernal)?
Moved to DBMS:
- Advantages of DBMS?
- ACID properties?
- Explain how DBMS solves the issue of concurrency?
- Joins and its 4 types?
- Given a sorted array rotated sometimes, search for a number?
Ex. [6,7,1,3,4], target = 7, answer= True
Solution expected: Modified Binary search (logn) + write the code
- Same question of tech round 1, but a bit modified. Find the number of ways to reach a distance of exactly x in exactly n moves. In each move, we can move a distance between 1 to m (m is given)
Ex. Distance=10, moves=2, m=6, answer=3 ways ([4,6], [5,5], [6,4]) + write the code
Round 4: Technical Round 3 (23 Feb 2021)
- Can you define the only constructor of a class as private? If yes, how will you create the objects?
- SQL Query involving Date and index
- Coding Ques: Evaluate the expr with x,y,z given:
Ex: x+y*z, x=1,y=2,z=3, answer=7 Ex. (x+y) / (x+z), x=1,y=5, z=2, answer = 2
And write the code.
Solution: Convert to postfix, then solve using stack.
Round 5: HR Round (24 Feb 2021):
- How were the technical Rounds?
- How would you rate yourself in the rounds?
- Since you chose 7-8, what would you try to improve?
- Since your domain in web development, what changes would you suggest to our site? (I told I have seen the site)
- How do you keep yourself updated in tech? (I said medium and Linkedin)
- Why do you want to join Info Edge?
Special thanks to GeeksforGeeks for the preparation resources. All the very best 🙂My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up