HP Inc. Interview Experience for R&D Software Engineer 2020
HP Inc. visited our campus recently for recruitment of freshers passing out in 2021 for internship + performance-based full-time conversion. It has 4 rounds in total – Online test, Technical Interview, Managerial Interview, and HR interview. It was a completely virtual process due to the ongoing pandemic.
Around 750 students shortlisted for Online Test.
Online test: It was on hirepro platform. The duration of the test was 75 mins. It had sections namely:
- Aptitude and Reasoning
- Technical MCQ section based on computer science.
Around 150 students shortlisted for three rounds of interviews, completed in a single day.
Technical Interview(45 mins – 1 hr): It was of medium level and depended on your Interviewer and branch. The interviewer was a bit friendly. They preferred CS as they were looking for candidates with good knowledge of Data structures, OS, and Computer Networks.
- Started with a brief explanation of projects (prepare them thoroughly).
- Questions on OS topics like memory, scheduling algorithms, other definitions from the subject.
- What is TCP/IP
- Difference between TCP and UDP
- Which is better among TCP and UDP and why
- Which port do you use for HTTP websites?
- Definition of Linked List.
- Asked to write codes for Doubly Linked List Insert Operation.
- Reverse a Linked List.
Finally, ask if you have any doubts or questions.
Managerial Interview(10-20 mins): Tell me about yourself. Then, some questions from the resume (except technical parts). General HR questions.
HR Round(10 – 20 mins):
- Tell me about yourself. Questions from resume like interest/hobbies, extra-curricular activities. General HR questions like (almost similar to managerial round) –
- What is your goal?
- Why should we hire you?
- Why HP?
- What do you know about HP?
Finally, around 15 students were selected for the internship, which most were from Computer Science and other remaining from ECE/EEE.
Whether you're preparing for your first job interview or aiming to upskill in this ever-evolving tech landscape, GeeksforGeeks Courses
are your key to success. We provide top-quality content at affordable prices, all geared towards accelerating your growth in a time-bound manner. Join the millions we've already empowered, and we're here to do the same for you. Don't miss out - check it out now!