PHP uses a standard code to display the pdf file in web browser. The process of displaying pdf involves location of the PDF file on the server and it uses various types of headers to define content composition in form of type, Disposition, Transfer-Encoding etc. PHP passes the PDF files to read it on the browser. Browser either shows it or download it from localhost server then display pdf.
Note: PHP is not actually reading the PDF file. It does not recognize File as pdf. It only passes the PDF file to the browser to be read there. If copy the pdf file inside htdocs folder of XAMPP then it does not need to specify the file path.
Example 1: This example display the pdf file on the browser.
this examples displays a format and explains every section of code
- How to detect Browser Language in PHP?
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server
- Difference between Search Engine and Web Browser
- How to give a div tag 100% height of the browser window using CSS
- How to share code between Node.js and the browser?
- How to jump to top of browser page using jQuery?
- How to check the OffScreenCanvas is supported by the Browser or not ?
- How to detect HTML 5 is supported or not in the browser ?
- How to disable browser Autocomplete on web form field/input tag?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.