If we have given an HTML document containing <textarea> element and its parent element contains some padding then how to make textarea width to 100%. textarea contains
The idea is to create a div with the class name “wrapper”. Inside that <div> element, we create a text area with a certain number of columns and rows. In this case, it is 30 and 15 respectively. After that, we set the width property to 100% to make a Textarea width 100%.
HTML Code: The HTML code contains a <textarea> element that holds rows and columns values.
CSS Code: The CSS code contains the wrapper class that holds padding, margin and background-color property. The textarea element contains the width property.
Complete Code: In this section, we will combine the above two sections to make the width of <tetxarea> element to 100% without overflowing when padding is pressent.
- How to make sure clients have enough words in textarea by using angularjs in order to disable/enable a button?
- CSS | Overflow
- CSS overflow-y Property
- CSS | overflow-x Property
- CSS | text-overflow Property
- HTML | DOM Style overflow Property
- How to determine the content of HTML elements overflow or not ?
- CSS | overflow-wrap Property
- HTML | DOM Textarea autofocus Property
- HTML | DOM textarea minlength Property
- HTML | DOM Textarea maxlength Property
- How to disable resizable property of textarea using CSS?
- HTML <textarea> disabled Attribute
- HTML | DOM Textarea cols Property
- HTML | DOM Textarea select() Method
- HTML | DOM Textarea Object
- HTML | DOM Textarea disabled Property
- HTML | DOM Textarea placeholder Property
- HTML | DOM Textarea rows Property
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.