Apache Kafka is an open-source application used for real-time streams for data in huge amount. Apache Kafka is a publish-subscribe messaging system. A messaging system lets you send messages between processes, applications, and servers. Broadly Speaking, Apache Kafka is software where topics can be defined and further processed.
Downloading and Installation
Apache Kafka can be downloaded from its official site kafka.apache.org
For the installation process, follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Go to the Downloads folder and select the downloaded Binary file.
Step 2: Extract the file and move the extracted folder to the directory where you wish to keep the files.
Step 3: Copy the path of the Kafka folder. Now go to config inside kafka folder and open zookeeper.properties file. Copy the path against the field dataDir and add /zookeeper-data to the path.
For example if the path is c:/kafka
Step 4: Now in the same folder config open server.properties and scroll down to log.dirs and paste the path. To the path add /kafka-logs
Step 5: This completes the configuration of zookeeper and kafka server. Now open command prompt and change the directory to the kafka folder. First start zookeeper using the command given below:
Step 6: Now open another command prompt and change the directory to the kafka folder. Run kafka server using the command:
Now kafka is running and ready to stream data.
- Difference Between Apache Kafka and Apache Flume
- Why Apache Kafka is so Fast?
- Spring Boot | How to publish JSON messages on Apache Kafka
- Spring Boot | How to publish String messages on Apache Kafka
- Spring Boot | How to consume JSON messages using Apache Kafka
- Spring Boot | How to consume string messages using Apache Kafka
- Difference Between Apache Hadoop and Apache Storm
- Difference Between Apache Hive and Apache Impala
- How to install Apache server in Ubuntu ?
- How to run Linux Commands on Windows 10?
- Guide to Install MongoDB with Python | Windows
- How to Install VirtualBox on Windows?
- How to install Sublime Text 3 in Windows?
- How to Install Magento2 on Windows?
- How to Install CMake for Windows in Python?
- Reading and Writing data to excel file using Apache POI
- Difference Between Hadoop and Apache Spark
- How to Compile and Run C/C++/Java Programs in Linux
- How to Make, Save, and Run a Simple VBScript Program?
- Introduction to Apache Maven | A build automation tool for Java projects
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.