How to Insert a Checkbox in MS Excel?
Everyday in business or any other field lots of information is there that is required to be stored for future use. For anyone, it is very difficult to remember that information for a long time. Earlier data and information are stored in a form of a register, file, or by paperwork but finding it may be difficult for us. It takes a lot of time. To resolve this issue Microsoft brings a software called MS Excel.
Microsoft Excel is a software that allows users to store or analyze the data in a proper systematic manner. It uses spreadsheets to organize numbers and data with formulas and functions. MS Excel has a collection of columns and rows that form a table. Generally, alphabetical letters are assigned to columns, and numbers are usually assigned to rows. The point where a column and a row meet is called a cell. Generally, it is used to keep records, data in various fields of business.
Features of MS Excel
- Auto calculate: This helps you to calculate a group of data and it automatically shows the result in status area. You can also create your own formulas.
- Shared: You can share your data file over a network.
- Templates: It gives us a variety of elegantly designed templates for your home or business purpose.
- Excel Charts: Excel charts help to convey your information in a very easy way. If you choose charts wisely and formatting them cleanly, you can deliver a lot of information to them.
- Conditional Formatting: It helps users to focus quickly on important topics of data or to highlighted errors and to identify important patterns in data.
- Sorting and Filtering: It is used to sort or filter data according to your need. You can also reorder the data. It saves your time a lot.
- Toolbars: It has a Collection of buttons that provide one-click access to commonly used commands such as Save, undo, and many more.
- Ribbon: It has commands and controls organized tasks in Tabs and groups.
What is a Checkbox in MS Excel?
Microsoft Excel has a special feature to insert Checkboxes in your MS Excel document. Checkboxes are the buttons or tick boxes that allow you to select one or multiple options available for a given data. Checkboxes are the type of form controls used for making data entry easy.
For inserting a checkbox in your document, we need to enable the Developer options present in MS Excel.
There are the following steps to insert a checkbox in the worksheet in MS Excel.
Steps To Insert a Checkbox in MS Excel
Step 1: On the navigation menu bar click on the File Option.
Step 2: Next click on Option from the menu as shown in the figure:
Step 3: A Excel Options dialog box will pop up on the screen.
Step 4: Now select the Customize Ribbon option from the left menu as shown in the figure:
Step 5: Under Main Tabs, click on the Developer checkbox as shown in the figure:
Step 6: Now Press the OK button.
Step 7: As you see The Developer tab is enabled in the navigation menu bar as shown in the figure:
Step 8: On the navigation menu bar click on the developer option.
Step 9: Now click on the drop-down arrow button of the insert option.
Step 10: Next select the checkbox option from the Form Controls menu as shown in the figure:
Step 11: Now, choose the cell in which you want to add the checkbox, and the checkbox will get inserted in the cell as shown in the figure:
Note: You should know that we can add only one checkbox at a time. For adding more checkboxes, copy the existing checkbox and paste it to the other cell and continue till you fulfill your need.
Finally, a check box is inserted in the Excel Sheet