In this article, we’ll learn how to import data from a CSV file and store it in a table in the SQLite database using Python. You can download the CSV file from here which contains sample data on the name and age of a few students.
- Importing necessary modules
- Read data from CSV file DictReader()
- Establish a connection with the database.
sqliteConnection = sqlite3.connect('sql.db') cursor = sqliteConnection.cursor()
- Create the student table and execute the query using execute() method.
- Inserting data into the table
cursor.executemany("insert into student (name, age) VALUES (?, ?);", student_info)
- Read data from the table
- And close the database.
Below is the implementation:
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course