We can easily create a To-Do list using Drag-Drop module provided by angular Component Development Kit (CDK).
First of all, create an angular component by using the following command-
ng g c To-Do
Now import CdkDragDrop, moveItemInArray, transferArrayItem from @angular/cdk/drag-drop to our to-Do component,
Writing the code for component view:
Create two divisions, one for the items that are TO BE DONE and other for items that are COMPLETED.
These are some of theparameters:
- cdkDropList: It lets the division know that it is a drop container
- cdkDropListData: It binds the data to the view
- cdkDropListConnectedTo: It gets the id of another drop container that the current division is connected to
- cdkDropListDropped: After dragging the items, the data model has to be updated. For that, we can listen to this event
- cdkDrag: it specifies that the item can be dragged
Now write the code for listening the event and adding the data.
Here we used a hardcoded list but you can always take input by using ngmodel directive. There are
- Item is dragged to the same container: Use moveItemInArray to move it in the same container
- Item is dragged to another container: Use transferArrayItem to move to another container
Output: successful Dragging of ‘Eat lunch’ from To do list to done list.