Translatotron is a speech to speech translation model made by Google AI team that can convert speech from one language to another with retaining the voice of the speaker!!
What’s so special about it?
Earlier models used to have three components.
- Conversion from speech to text
- Translating the text
- Generate speech from the translated text using Text To Speech Engine
The major disadvantage of those models is that error in any one phase may lead to some undesired output.
Also, Text to Speech Engines has limited voice options available like Microsoft Ana, Siri, etc.
Translatotron translates speech to speech directly without using any intermediate text representation. Because of that, it is able to retain the voice of the original speaker.
Advantages & Uses
- The biggest advantage of Translatotron is prevence of vocal characteristics of the speaker.
- In future, it might be used for automatic dubbing of movies – With voice of original actors.
- Video tutorials can be made be accessible in native languages.
- Quality of translation is lower than Speech to Text -> Text to Speech translation cascade model. Hopefully, quality might get improved in future.
- It will be easier to spoof voice of other persons. Hence, voice based authentication systems need to imporve.
- Why Cloud Computing is Booming In The Market?
- Top 7 Google Play Store Tips That You Should Try
- Python vs Java - Who Will Win the Battle in 2020?
- Top 10 Kali Linux Tools For Hacking
- 13 Mistakes To Avoid During Technical Interview
- How to Start a Career in Software Testing - A Complete Guide!
- Top 10 Data Science Skills to Learn in 2020
- How to Make a Career in Ethical Hacking?
- Computer Security and its Challenges
- Top 8 Video Call Apps That Become Popular During Covid19 Pandemic
- Top 5 Free, Cross-Platform, and Open-Source Database System in 2020
- Methods for Text Clipping in Computer Graphics
- Difference between RPA and Selenium
- How to Delete a File or Folder using CMD?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.