1. Consider a binary tree of N vertices such that children of node k are 2*k and 2*k+1. Vertex 1 is the root of the tree and each node has an integer value associated with it.
Such a tree may be represented as an array of N integers by writing down values from consecutive nodes.
The tree can be represented as an array [-1, 7, 0, 7, -8].
A node is said to be at level x if the length of the shortest path between that node and root x-1. So, the root is at level 1, the children of root are at level 2, and so on.
Your task is to find the smallest level number x such that sum of all nodes at level x is maximal.
Examples: Given array A such that: A=-1, A=7, A=0, A=7, A=-8. The function should return 2.
Input : [-1, 7, 0, 7, -8] Output : 2
2. Imagine you have a special keyboard with all keys in a single row. The layout of characters on a keyboard is denoted by a string S1 of length 26. S1 is indexed from 0 to 25. Initially, your finger is at index 0. To type a character, you have to move your finger to the index of the desired character. The time taken to move your finger from index i to index j is |j-i|, where || denotes absolute value.
Write a function solution(), that given a string S1 that describes the keyboard layout and a string S2, returns an integer denoting the time taken to type string S2.
S1 = abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
S2 = cba
Input : S1 = abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz, S2 = cba Output : 4
- Google Interview Experience for Software Engineering Intern
- Google Interview Experience | Set 7 (For Software Engineering Intern)
- Microsoft Interview Experience 2019 | Off-Campus Software Engineering Internship
- Microsoft Interview Experience 2019 | Off-Campus Software Engineering Internship (Hyderabad)
- Microsoft Interview SDE intern 2019
- Philips Intern Interview Experience 2019
- Samsung R&D Banglore On-Campus Intern July-2019
- Amazon Interview Experience for SDE Intern | On-Campus November 2019
- Interview at Travel d'globe made me fall in love with startup
- Dunzo Interview for Software Developer Intern
- JP Morgan Chase and Co. Interview Experience | Software Developer Intern
- Interview Experience at Expedia India for the profile of a Software Intern
- Samsung Semiconductor Institute of Research(SSIR Software) Intern/FTE | Set-2
- Samsung Semiconductor Institute of Research (SSIR software) intern/FTE | Set-1
- Google Summer Trainee Engineering Program(STEP) Interview Experience
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.