scikit-image is an image processing Python package that works with numpy arrays which is a collection of algorithms for image processing. Let’s discusses how to deal with images into set of information and its some application in real world.
Important features of scikit-image :
Simple and efficient tools for image processing and computer vision techniques.
Accessible to everybody and reusable in various contexts.
Built on the top of NumPy, SciPy, and matplotlib.
Open source, commercially usable – BSD license.
Note : Before installing scikit-image, ensure that NumPy and SciPy are pre-installed. Now, the easiest way to install scikit-image is using
pip install -U scikit-image
Most functions of skimage are found within submodules. Images are represented as NumPy arrays, for example 2-D arrays for grayscale 2-D images.
Code #1 :
numpy.ndarray (512, 512)
Code #2 : skimage.data submodule provides a set of functions returning example images.
Code #3 : Load own images as NumPy arrays from image files.
- Analysis of Medical images.
- Classification of images for detection.
- Point Processing in Image Processing using Python-OpenCV
- Image Processing in Java | Set 4 (Colored image to Negative image conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 6 (Colored image to Sepia image conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 3 (Colored image to greyscale image conversion)
- Image Processing without OpenCV | Python
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Gradient) | Set-3
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Closing) | Set-2
- Python - Blood Cell Identification using Image Processing
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Opening) | Set-1
- Image Processing in Python (Scaling, Rotating, Shifting and Edge Detection)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 5 (Colored to Red Green Blue Image Conversion)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 7 (Creating a random pixel image)
- Image Edge Detection Operators in Digital Image Processing
- Image Processing in Java | Set 8 (Creating mirror image)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 11 (Changing orientation of image)
- Image Processing in Java | Set 10 ( Watermarking an image )
- Digital Image Processing Chain
- Digital Image Processing Basics
- Redundancy in Digital Image Processing
- Image Processing In Java | Set 2 (Get and set Pixels)
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.