OpenCV is the huge open-source library for computer vision, machine learning, and image processing and now it plays a major role in real-time operation which is very important in today’s systems. By using it, one can process images and videos to identify objects, faces, or even the handwriting of a human.
Point processing in spatial domain
All the processing done on the pixel values. Point processing operations take the form –
s = T ( r )
Here, T is referred to as a grey level transformation function or a point processing operation, s refers to the processed image pixel value and r refers to the original image pixel value.
s = (L-1) – r, where L= number of grey levels
s = L-1 for r > threshold s = 0 for r < threshold
Grey level slicing with background:
s = L-1 for a < r < b, here a and b define some specific range of grey level s = r otherwise.
Below is the implementation.
Original Input Image :
Output : Image Negative
Output : Image with Thresholding :
Output : Image with Grey Level Slicing with Background
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Connect new point to the previous point on a image with a straight line in Opencv-Python
- Image processing with Scikit-image in Python
- Python - Blood Cell Identification using Image Processing
- Image Processing in Python (Scaling, Rotating, Shifting and Edge Detection)
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Opening) | Set-1
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Closing) | Set-2
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Gradient) | Set-3
- Image Processing without OpenCV | Python
- Spatial Filters - Averaging filter and Median filter in Image Processing
- CNN - Image data pre-processing with generators
- Python PIL | Image.point() method
- Image-to-Image Translation using Pix2Pix
- Mahotas - Labelled Image from the Normal Image
- Converting an image to ASCII image in Python
- PyQt5 – How to get cropped square image from rectangular image ?
- PyQt5 – How to create circular image from any image ?
- Mahotas - Reconstructing image from transformed Daubechies wavelet image
- Multi-Label Image Classification - Prediction of image labels
- PyQtGraph – Getting Image Item of Image View
- PyQtGraph – Getting Processed Image Data from Image View
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.