In this article we will see how we can create a PyQt5 application which tells about the cases of corona around the world i.e number of confirmed cases, number of cases in which patient has recovered and total deaths due to corona.
Modules required and Installation:
PyQt5 : PyQt is a Python binding of the cross-platform GUI toolkit Qt, implemented as a Python plug-in. PyQt is free software developed by the British firm Riverbank Computing.
Requests : Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. There’s no need to manually add query strings to your URLs.
Beautiful Soup: Beautiful Soup is a library that makes it easy to scrape information from web pages. It sits atop an HTML or XML parser, providing Pythonic idioms for iterating, searching, and modifying the parse tree.
Implementations steps :
1. Create a push-button set its geometry
2. Create three labels to show information about total cases, recovered cases and death cases
3. Set geometry, alignment and border to each label
4. Add action to the push button
5. Inside the action scrap the data from the website with the help of requests BeautifulSoup
6. Convert the raw data into html code and then filter it to get the required output
7. Show the output the screen with the help of labels
Below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python - Get Confirmed, Recovered, Deaths cases of Corona around the globe
- Corona Virus Details in India - Using Python PyQt5
- Corona Virus cases of various countries - Using Python PyQt
- Python - Details of CoronaVirus cases in various countries
- Corona Virus Live Updates for India - Using Python
- Corona HelpBot
- Application to get address details from zip code Using Python
- Get Bank details from IFSC Code Using Python
- Getting Instagram profile details using Python
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving role played by actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY – Getting series details fro the series id
- Decorator to print Function call details in Python
- Fetching recently sent mails details sent via a Gmail account using Python
- Python | Convert string list into multiple cases
- Useful cases to illustrate Decorators in python
- Python | Alternate cases in String
- PyQt5 – How to get cropped square image from rectangular image ?
- PyQt5 - Get opacity level of the main window | windowOpacity() method
- PyQt5 – How to get Label coordinates ?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.