In this article, we will see how we can create a PyQt5 application that tells about the details of coronavirus cases i.e total cases, recovered cases and total deaths across India i.e state wise result.
Modules required and Installation:
PyQt5 : PyQt is a Python binding of the cross-platform GUI toolkit Qt, implemented as a Python plug-in. PyQt is free software developed by the British firm Riverbank Computing.
Requests : Requests allows you to send HTTP/1.1 requests extremely easily. There’s no need to manually add query strings to your URLs.
Beautiful Soup: Beautiful Soup is a library that makes it easy to scrape information from web pages. It sits atop an HTML or XML parser, providing Pythonic idioms for iterating, searching, and modifying the parse tree.
Implementations steps :
1. Get coronavirus state wise list and store it in a list
2. Create a non-editable combo box, set its geometry
3. From list get the state names and add it to the combo box
4. Create three labels to show information about total cases, recovered cases and death cases
5. Set geometry, alignment and border to each label
6. Add action to the combo box
7. Inside the action filter the list to get desired information
8. Show the output the screen with the help of labels
Below is the implementation
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Corona Virus Live Updates for India - Using Python
- Corona Virus cases of various countries - Using Python PyQt
- Get Corona cases details - Python PyQt5
- Python - Get Confirmed, Recovered, Deaths cases of Corona around the globe
- Corona HelpBot
- Getting Instagram profile details using Python
- Fetching recently sent mails details sent via a Gmail account using Python
- Application to get address details from zip code Using Python
- Get Bank details from IFSC Code Using Python
- Python - Details of CoronaVirus cases in various countries
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving role played by actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY – Getting series details fro the series id
- Decorator to print Function call details in Python
- Building Calculator using PyQt5 in Python
- Creating NotePad using PyQt5 - Python
- Making Label Jump using PyQt5 in Python
- Loan Calculator using PyQt5 in Python
- 1/4 Mile Calculator using PyQt5 in Python
- Tic Tac Toe Game using PyQt5 in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.