In C/C++, initialization of a multidimensional arrays can have left most dimension as optional. Except the left most dimension, all other dimensions must be specified.
For example, following program fails in compilation because two dimensions are not specified.
Following 2 programs work without any error.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Initialization of variables sized arrays in C
- Multidimensional Arrays in C / C++
- Zero Initialization in C++
- Uniform Initialization in C++
- Initialization of data members
- Initialization of static variables in C
- Implicit initialization of variables with 0 or 1 in C
- Initialization of global and static variables in C
- Multidimensional Pointer Arithmetic in C/C++
- How to print dimensions of multidimensional array in C++
- Arrays in C/C++
- Why is a[i] == i[a] in C/C++ arrays?
- C | Arrays | Question 12
- C | Arrays | Question 13
- C | Arrays | Question 14